Maintaining happiness (or some semblance of it) through your divorce might not be as difficult as you think. According to scientists, the following things make us happy:
- Virtues: Our sense of wisdom, justice, compassion for others,
- Gratitude: Appreciating what we have and expressing it to ourselves and others,
- Savoring: Enjoying the moment and taking time to smell the roses,
- Engagement: Being in our activities for the experience of it (“being in the zone”),
- Living a meaningful life: Doing things for others and helping others.