PART 1 OF 2
A custody dispute can result in the most bitter of divorce battles. If you and your spouse cannot come to an agreement, a judge will decide for you. The Judge will consider “the best interests of the child.” In making her determination, the main issues judge will consider are the:
- Quality of the relationship between the child and each parent,
- Child’s adjustment at home, school and community,
- Mental health of all involved,
- Physical and emotional safety of the child, and
- The willingness of each parent to encourage a relationship between the child and the other parent.