Call us at 312.235.2352, or
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our law firm focuses on helping fair-minded individuals reach fair outcomes in their divorce or child-custody case.
I founded Fahnert LLC after working as a divorce attorney at a public-interest legal clinic in Chicago. I realized that the private sector needed the same smart, caring and dedicated divorce lawyers who worked in the public interest sector. Thus, I founded Fahnert LLC with the client-focused philosophy of doing good, putting clients first, and resolving issues as efficiently as possible.
Caring, listening, and working hard is an important part of reaching a fair outcome in a case. Clients often have a good sense of what they want, how to achieve it, and what is fair. Their opinions are very important.
Before attending Northwestern School of Law, I worked as a computer programmer (Java), an English teacher in rural China (2 years), and a berry picker (!).
Maries achievements include:
- A rating of 10 (“Superb”) from Avvo.com,
- Represented a litigant in the first dissolution of civil union in Illinois, and
- Won a Supervisory Order from the Illinois Supreme Court on a child-custody matter.
We believe the most important quality in a family law attorney is integrity. A reputation for integrity will make judges and the opposing party respect your position and listen to your arguments. The best way to gain a reputation for integrity is by being honest, intelligent and hard-working.
Thus, in the courtroom—as well as outside of it—you will see us:
- Obey and respect the judge,
- Behave ethically and justly,
- Strategize how best to solve your case, and
- Diligently handle all relevant aspects of your case.
Our ethics and hard work help you reach better results by winning:
- The respect of judges,
- Credibility in negotiations, and
- Leverage throughout the proceeding by following the initial strategy for your case.
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, YLS hosts outreach event (2013),
- Yahoo, Carnations? Again? Why post-Valentine’s day is a popular time for divorce (2013),
- Wall Street Journal, Bedridden man uses Skype to testify against wife (2013),
- Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, Witness testifies via Skype at Daley Center proceeding (2013),
- Fox Business, How states differ on divorce laws (2012),
- Millionaire Corner, Breaking up is harder to do in a bad economy (2011),
- Chicago Tribune, Finding your missing piece (2010), and
- Illinois State Bar Journal, Substitution of judge as of right (2010).
“Marie is a great listener with a very metered approach. She answered all my questions with patience and respect… She seems to be in the profession to help people. Bravo.” —Happy Client
“There is no glitz or attitude or pretense… Two particular areas of her practice deserve praise. She shines in her research, writing and preparation… I always had access to every document related to my case. Do not be dissuaded by the fact that she is a younger attorney. She has honed her courtroom presence… While her hourly rates are not cheap, I still felt her services were a true value. I couldn’t be more pleased with the partnership we created and the results of our efforts. I highly recommend her.” —Another Happy Client
Call us at 312.235.2352!
We will return your call as soon as possible.